Overture

by Diccon Maude

A musical fantasy by Diccon Maude, aged 14. Started and finished in 17/04/1988

I composed and arranged this piece in one day (you may say - "Huh! Sounds like it an' all!"). I made the accompaniment up first, put a simple bass to it, and added the top part, which I won't call a melody.

The top part uses Panflute as I like the sound. The accompaniment uses Upright. (I think Upright is an excellent reproduction of a piano).

I have made the bass part stronger by using 3 2 Echo. The Drum rhythm uses 49 =L, so that accents can be heard.

The middle part of the piece, where the voices change, was decided by my dad, who I like to consult with, and obtain any 'sound' advice (Groan!).

'harps4' is from the Studio 5000 User Guide, and Vibglock was chosen simply because it sounds nice.

Does it 'click' when the voices change back to normal on your type of computer? It does on mine. Does anyone know why and/or how to stop it?

Anyway, hope you like it.

Diccon Maude (14)
 

Source: AMPLINEX 007 disk, file $.OVER


Published in AMPLINEX 007, September 1988