The Apple-Tree Man

by Aiden Black

Composed by: Bricheno, Cousin & Regan

Originally performed by All About Eve

This piece started life as an experiment to see how realistic I could make my guitar noise sound. I am still not completely happy with it, but while I was messing around with it I had the idea of trying to transcribe this song. It gradually turned into an experiment to see if I could mimic the dreamy sound 'All About Eve' have perfected. At first, I had the guitar chords being 'strummed' using a faster arpeggio effect. This sounded too abrupt, so I settled for the slower arpeggio to create a 'plucked' sound.

You may have noticed that when you typed 'info' the title stayed still. This is achieved with a window in the 'RUN' word. If you go digging to find the window, it works like this:

4
==========
| |
0 | SCREEN | 39
| |
==========
23

VDU 28,0,23,39,4 in BASIC becomes 4 39 23 0 28 5 FOR(#OUT)FOR in AMPLE with 5 FOR... being 1x #OUT for each number.
 

Source: AMPLINEX 019 disk, file $.APPLE


Published in AMPLINEX 019, September 1990