Welcome to AMPLINEX 021

Kevin Doyle and Roy Follett
In this issue, in addition to the regular sections of Questions and Answers and Hints and Tips, we have a utility which allows AMPLE modules to be stored in Sideways RAM, a feature on creating mixes and unmixes in Notepad, more comment on free software releases, and brief news of new products from Hybrid Technology.
In addition, we have eighteen pieces of AMPLE music on this disc: some original, and some which may be familiar.

Editor's note:
My apologies for the late arrival of this issue. At the moment I am in the middle of the main part of the further education studies which I have mentioned on previous occasions. This has caused a direct conflict between AMPLINEX and my studies, which are both spare-time activities. I am afraid that this has meant I was unable to produce an issue of AMPLINEX for January 1991. I have decided, therefore, to publish this issue as March 1991.
My studies will not be complete until the end of September of this year, and I anticipate that there will be further conflicts for the May issue of AMPLINEX. Rather than plan for the May issue and fail to complete it, I feel it is better to omit this issue as well, and plan the next issue for July 1991. In order to give myself more time to prepare the July issue, we have not set the contribution deadline too far ahead (see Next Issue News section). I hope to publish the September issue without too much delay, before returning to our normal schedule.
May I offer my apologies to all members for these alterations to our schedule, and thank you in advance for your patience during these next few months.

Published in AMPLINEX 021, March 1991