Welcome to AMPLINEX 022

Kevin Doyle and Roy Follett
In this issue, in addition to the regular sections of Questions and Answers and Hints and Tips, we have the second of Tim Sketchley's series of programs which demonstrate the fundamentals of AMPLE, a utility to allow voice editing on a Yamaha TX81Z expander from within AMPLE, and a feature on the merits of attempting AMPLE versions of 'real' instruments and the limitations of sampling and MIDI.
We have seventeen pieces of AMPLE music on this disc and, since we received three versions of one piece of music each of which had its own merits, we have taken the unusual step of including all three versions in this issue so that you can decide which you prefer.

Editor's note:
My apologies for the late arrival of this issue. I am still working on the final part of my further education course and this has meant a direct conflict between AMPLINEX and my studies, both of which are spare-time activities. It was for this reason that there was no May issue of AMPLINEX. My studies should be coming to a close around the end of September, and I will begin work on the next issue of AMPLINEX then.
This means that the September issue will probably be produced a little late, but then we should return to our normal schedule for December.
May I offer my apologies to all members for these alterations to our schedule, and thank you for your patience over this period.

Published in AMPLINEX 022, July 1991