Questions and answers

Question: Transposition

Occasionally, I come across songs I would like to sing, but they are in too high a key and are not published in a lower key. If I were to enter the music as written, using the Staff editor, is there any way to get the music printed out correctly in a different key? Would the new Music Publisher allow me to do this?
Jim Brook

Question: SoundSculptures?

Does anyone know where a version of the 'SoundSculptures' package may be obtained? Having read the notes and reviews in AMPLINEX 002, 004, 006 and 012 I wrote to Mr J Stockdale some months ago, at the address given in AMPLINEX 006, to ask if it was still available, even enclosing a first class stamp for a reply, but, as yet, nothing has been received.
Bryan Anslow

Question: AMPLE Toolbox

Being thick as a brick, I inadvertently deleted some music files. I got out the 'AREC' program recoverer (part of the AMPLE Toolbox disc), which worked fine - for a while. Unfortunately, I use ADFS and have in excess of 80 music files on the disc in question. AREC only recovers programs to the limit of the destination directory, some 47 files. I can't figure out how to get it to continue on a new directory with the rest.
Is there a way to achieve this? I only deleted about 5 programs, none of them included in the 47 that were recovered. As it happens, all the lost programs were in one particular directory; if I could just get the recovery to work on that particular directory, the problem would be solved, but AREC only asks for a source drive and doesn't accept a directory as well.
Jim Brook

Published in AMPLINEX 026, May 1992