It Was the Magic Month of May

by Fred Bridges

Composed by: Robert Schumann

Poem by Heinrich Heine & Fred Bridges

Vocal line' version recorded

I sing for pleasure, and a major use I have for my Music 5000 is in learning new songs. Playing your own accompaniment is difficult for anything but the simplest music, but this allows me to learn complicated works. It has the edge on tapes, as you can change tempo and transpose for other voice types. My example is a simple one, the first of Schumann's Dichterliebe, using a simple 'voice', to show the principle. Strict tempo is best for learning, and the 'performance' option is obviously just an indication.

You would normally sing this from sheet music, but the words option is useful if you don't possess it.

Fred Bridges
 

Source: AMPLINEX 028 disk, file $.MAY


Published in AMPLINEX 028, September 1992