News and reviews

Further thoughts on Music Publisher

Lol Taylor
My review of the Music Publisher (AMPLINEX 026) was completed very quickly after I had received the package. Since then I have had a great deal of experience with it, printing some very long pieces including a string quartet which had been in manuscript since 1929, a song for a friend, and several pieces of my own.
With experience I have found that many of my original problems could be got round. For instance, why not transcribe grace notes (which are merely a sort of shorthand) as ordinary notes?
A Music Publisher print-out is a very solid foundation to work with, even if a few manuscript additions still have to be made - and these get fewer and fewer.
Programming has been so delightful that I keep on accepting the challenge from more and more manuscripts. I think that the computer-jargon word applicable to Music Publisher is 'compulsive'.

Published in AMPLINEX 028, September 1992